Wednesday, May 25, 2016

What's on your workdesk? Wednesday #7

#WOYWW #stayfocused #createdaily

Hola Beautiful People! 

Here is a look at my creative space today.  Working on a 10x10 canvas that I started two weeks ago using the leftover scraps from another project.  



Today I spent most of my time trying to figure out what I want to add to the canvas.  So I searched though my sketch book for some inspiration and decided to scan and print a these two faces. 
     
I printed the two faces onto tissue paper.  
Printing on tissue paper, in my experience, differs depending on how the paper feeds into the printer.  I taped the tissue paper onto printer paper. I used painters tape, as I know, through much trial and error, that it works best for my printer and doesn't melt or get stuck anywhere inside the printer. It's not fun unjamming paper and tape from the printer.   
fed my paper via the manual feed tray, tissue side down (per printing directions on tray).  This ensures the tissue paper does not get caught on the rollers.   Again, it all depends on your printer, so know your printer before you attempt to print on tissue paper.  


          

After printing my images, its time to decoupage the image to my background, using matte medium and a palette knife (or you can use a card or the tool of your choosing).  Because the tissue paper is so thin, just a thin coat of medium is needed, you wouldn't want your image to tear.  Then carefully smooth out any bubbles with the palette knife.  


                            

       

                              


I love how it turned out.  Now all I have to do is paint my girl's face and add a sentiment.  

I will be sharing my progress via social media, so if you like, please follow along via Instagram @csbuster, my facebook artist page, or via twitter @carmen_buster  .  


Thank you very much for visiting my page and hope to see you again soon!

~Blessings
Carmen

PS.  I linked this post to What's on your work desk? Wednesday and Creative Every Day blogs. 





9 comments:

dmgarafalo said...

Beautiful work Carmen, I praise you for printing on tissue paper, I have trouble with standard paper!

Sharon Koole said...

That's a gorgeous painting!

Happy WoYWW anniversary
Sharon K #43

Scrapbook Lynne Mizera said...

Lovely project... can't wait to see it completed! Happy 7th WOYWW Anniversary! Scrapbook Lynne Mizera, WOYWW#58

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Happy 7th WOYWW! Well, I didn't even know you could print on tissue paper!! You learn something new every week from somone's blog, it's brilliant! Your girls are beautiful, I hope you have a lot of fun painting them :-)
Hugs, LLJ xxxx

Twiglet said...

I am determined to get round all the desks in celebration of the fun we have with all our mad WOYWW friends so here I am! What a clever and beautiful project there! Happy 7th WOYWW anniversary - here's to many more! x Jo #19

Diane Futrell said...

So cute! It looks great!
Happy anniversary!!
Have a great day.
Diane - WOYWW #2

Özge Başağaç said...

The painting is going great. Thank you for sharing the process. It is an important tip. Happy weekend...

Michelle Schratz said...

Lovely art!!! I just haven't found the time to get out to everyones space this week - as usual ;-) Wishing you a wonderful and happy 7th Anniversary. I enjoy desk hopping so much and hope to see more of your wonderful art again soon!
Hugs,
Michelle #54 ♥

abo-bder said...


شركة تنظيف بالجبيل
شركة تنظيف بالخبر
شركة تنظيف بالقطيف
شركة تنظيف بالاحساء
مكافحة حشرات بالاحساء والجبيل
تسليك مجاري بالاحساء بالجبيل
تنظيف فلل شقق منازل بالجبيل
كشف تسربات المياه بالجبيل بالاحساء
شركة تنظيف بخميس مشيط
شركة تنظيف بابها
شركة تنظيف بالهفوف
شركة تنظيف بحفر الباطن
شركة تنظيف بالظهران
شركة تنظيف براس تنورة
شركة مكافحة نمل ابيض بالدمام
شركة تنظيف سجاد بالدمام
شركة تنظيف الموكيت بالدمام
شركة تنظيف الفلل بالدمام
شركة تنظيف خزانات المياه بالدمام
شركة تنظيف في الدمام
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالدمام
شركة مكافحة الفئران بالدمام
شركة مكافحة بق الفراش بالدمام
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام
شركة تنظيف بالاحساء
شركة نقل عفش بالدمام والاحساء
شركة تنظيف بالخبر
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالخبر
شركة نقل اثاث بالخبر
شركة تنظيف بالجبيل
شركة تنظيف براس تنورة
شركة تنظيف بالقطيف
شركة تنظيف بالقطيف
شركة تنظيف بسيهات
شركة تنظيف بالظهران
شركة تنظيف بالهفوف
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالاحساء
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالجبيل
شركة مكافحة حشرات براس تنورة
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالقطيف
شركة تنظيف بالدمام
شركة تنظيف شقق بالدمام
شركة تنظيف فلل بالدمام