Wednesday, May 11, 2016

What's on your workdesk? Wednesday #6

#WOYWW #stayfocused #createdaily

Happy Wednesday!

Working on some backgrounds this morning and having fun getting my hands dirty.  

 
I have a bunch of ATCs (artist trading cards) to work on, so I decided to get the juices flowing by playing with gesso, scraps of paper and a few stamps, oh and a box of cereal.  

First a layer of gesso...

Then decoupage some pretty paper with matte medium from DecoArt Mixed Media line. 

Then a little more gesso just to soften up the background ...

Now time for some Faber-Castell gelatos, straight on to the paper and smoothed out with my finger.

Finally some fun with mark makers... bubble wrap, rubber stamps, and homemade foam stamps.

Oh how I love making backgrounds, you don't have to think too much, you just do!  It's messy, with no real rhyme or reason to where you put what and the end result is always amazing!  





























Well thank you for visiting my page and hope to see you again soon!

~Blessings
Carmen


P.S. ~ If you want to see what I'm creating between blog post you can follow me on twitter @Carmen_Buster, Instagram @csbuster or on my Facebook artist page at facebook.com/mycreativeme

   ~ Also, I linked this post to both What's on your workdesk? Wednesday and Creative Every Day blogs.

















9 comments:

glitterandglue said...

Thanks for the tutorial on how you created that background, Carmen. It's not something I have ever attempted - but is obviously fun, and wonderfully messy. Well done.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #4

Susanne said...

Background work does look like wonderful playtime. Very nice. Happy WOYWW! Susanne #48

Sharon Koole said...

Looks like you had a great time. Thanks for walking us through your process!

Happy WOYWW
Sharon K #40

BJ said...

Lovely page. your title slightly confused me #6??? Happy WOYWW BJ#26

Priscila said...

I can't wait to see what you use that back drop for

Priscila said...

I can't wait to see what you use that back drop for

Stacy Sheldon said...

I love that you showed the layers going together that is brilliant to use the chipboard for :) tfs! ~Stacy #50

Diane Futrell said...

Your background is amazing!
Have a great day.
Diane – WOYWW #31

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Fun! Thanks for sharing your creative madness. :-) I know I want to try it.