Friday, January 15, 2016

2016, Stay Focused: Create Something Daily

#stayfocused #createdaily #mycreativeme
                                                                                          

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!  Can I still say that even though it is already January 15!!  Either way, hope your year is going well and you are all keeping up with the goals you have set for yourselves for 2016.  

As for me I have been keeping up with my goals, at least my creative ones.  I'm trying really hard since last year I didn't hit any of my marks, I was so not FOCUSed at all, for anything.  

I evaluated 2015 and decided I had too many goals, became overwhelmed and gave up.   So naturally I was disappointed in myself and know things need to change for 2016.  

I decided to stay with the word FOCUS and really hold true to it this year.  Focus on God (my devotional time), focus on my family (more family fun together time), and focus on my art (let go and create more).  

So, in focusing in my art, I have been creating daily.   Whether a sketch, an art journal entry, or just playing with paint with the kiddies, I'm taking time to be creative.  

Here is what I've been working on this week, I think she still has some work, but I like where she is going.  






























































I want to add the following scripture to this canvas as it goes well with my word and goals for the year:  

You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trust in you.  
~ Isaiah 26:3 

Well, here is to an amazing 2016, I hope you continue to join my in my journey! 

Thank you for stopping by, 
Blessings, 
Carmen



~ You can find my daily post on my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/mycreativeme 





11 comments:

Gillena Cox said...

Happy New Year Carmen

nice pieces

much love...

Lisa Isabella Russo said...

That's so lovely! Happy New Year to you!

~*~Patty S said...

Stunning artwork.
Very moving and inspirational.
This is my first time joining PPF.
oxo

sirkkis said...

Beautifully painted.
Happy weekend xx

Susan said...

Nice! I really like your background and the depth it provides to the artwork.

Clare Lloyd said...

She is lovely

Fran said...

Beautiful pages. Love the last one.

Carmen Sánchez-Buster said...

THank you all for the kind words! I truely appreciate you taking the time to comment!
~Blessings
Carmen

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow Carmen! Stunning work! So artistic!

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Love the background and how you painted over the magazine image! That's one of my favourite techniques too!

Kikka Kainu-Lehto said...

Beautifull!