Monday, July 21, 2014

Artist Around the World (Blog Hop)

My first blog hop!!

Hello Beautiful People! 

Today I will be sharing a little bit about myself with you thanks to the Artist Around the World blog hop!! In this blog hop an artist is asked to answer 4 questions in a post and also link you to 1-3 other artists that will be answering the same questions the following week. 

First, I want to give a big HUG and THANK YOU to the lovely Gracie Howle for asking me to participate!!  She is super sweet and her work reflects her very caring and tender nature! Please visit her at http://www.graciehowle.com and see how she answered the 4 questions.  

Ok, so here is just a glimpse to who I am and My Creative Me! 

1. Why do I do what I do? 

Art is relaxing, healing and just plain fun!!  I have always loved art and creating.  Last year, after a 12 year hiatus (give or take a year), I rekindled my love for art and I was introduced to the wonderful world of mixed media.
It has been such a blessing to my life and has given me the motivation to create and have confidence in my work!  I have also met a lot of amazing people who are open and real and love sharing themselves and their art with the world.  

2. How does my work differ from others of its genre? 

Not sure... I have been taking inspiration from different people and trying all different types of techniques and styles that I don't feel I can separate myself as of yet.  I guess eventually I will find what best fits me.  I am sure you will see it all here if you continue to follow me in this journey! 

3. How does my creative process work? 

Since I'm in a year of learning (not that one ever stops learning), my work is usually driven by whatever challenge, project or swap I'm participating in.   I am usually working on 2 or 3 projects at one time, so my brain is everywhere.  Any ideas that pop in my head that are not connected to any current project, I document it in one of two idea journals. Hopefully I will get to bring some of those ideas to life one day soon!

My process for getting started differed from project to project and it is usually the hardest part of the process for me.  Sometimes I can just sit down with the theme/challenge and go at it without really thinking about it. But for the most part I usually have to go online for inspiration before I even sit down to create.  I can go for hours reading blogs and watching videos (I know I'm not alone on this).  Once I have my thoughts together and I decide on my supplies, I turn on the TV (need the background noise) and try to just let go and let the creative juices flow! 

4. What am I working on now? 

I'm addicted to swapping art!  I am part of several collaborative art facebook groups, ATC swaps and I even have a Swap-Bot account.   Keeping up with these projects has kept me very busy!
I am also enrolled in Life Book 2014, though I am way behind, and in June I started The Documented Life Project
also, I cant forget to mention the Napkin challenge from Mixed Media Monday with Tracy Weinzapfel (the woman who is one of the main inspirations to making art part of my everyday life)!  In the month of June we had a napkin swap and in the month of July it's all about sharing what we have created with the napkins!

I hope to post on the different project in the coming weeks, but until then here are some pics of what I been working on: 


     Some ATCs...


     Traveling Journal Pages via Face In the World Facebook group (works in progress)...



Thank you very much for visiting me! 


Mark you calendars so you can come back NEXT MONDAY, July 28, 2014, when this lovely lady will post her answers: 

Please visit the extremely talented Ms. Kirstin McCulloch at  
Listen to the Squeak Inside.

Kirstin doesn't know this, but I was introduced to Life Book by reading her blog post of her journey through Life Book 2013.  So, thank you very much sharing, I love reading your post! 

http://kirstinmcculloch.blogspot.com/



~Heavenly Blessings
   Carmen





4 comments:

Jackie Beeman said...

Love your art!

nini said...

Hello fellow mixed media and swap lover! :) Love your works, keep them coming <3

Gracie Howle said...

I love your art and it's so awesome to hear more about you! Thanks for your sweet words :) I will be following you on your journey and can't wait to see some of your ideas from your idea journals come to life! xx

Kirstin said...

Thank you so much for including me + I love that your enjoying your Life Book journey! (So chuffed you were inspired by my life book journey!!)
Your art is so beautiful + inspiring. I loved reading more about you + your art x