Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Faces... Pt 2

29 faces challenge - February 2014

Happy Wednesday!! 

Here are entries 7-10 for the 29 faces challenge (For entries 1-5 click here).  Yes, only 7-10... I will NOT be sharing #6 is was an epic fail!! I tried drawing a face from a photo (which wasn't too bad, been years since I attempted), then added color with pastel chalks.  It was not good at all... no not sharing (I don't even want to look at it!)


Enough of my rant... I did want to try adding color to the faces and because it has been forever since I worked with pastels (my first love...*sigh*) I wanted to give it another go.  

So I grabbed some pastel chalks, charcoal pencils (B&W), and color pencil on toned charcoal paper and went at it... see my results: 








 






























I know I'm a little behind, but I will catch up! I will have my 29 faces by the end of the month!  

Thank you for stopping by! 

Many Blessings! 
Carmen

3 comments:

denthe said...

Love the soft look of these. Beautiful!

Iris said...

Lovely faces!! I really like how you do different eyes.

With the one you didn't like and don't want to share, I'd say put it away in a drawer and look at it in a few months or even a year. You'll probably be much more accepting of it then!

Tracy said...

Love these! Great shading, and they have so much character.