Tuesday, February 4, 2014

2014 - My Word is Trust

TRUST ~ Firm reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing
                ~ To have or place reliance... to be confident

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Yes, it is still the new year, even though we are already in February!    
I know I haven't blogged  in over a month, but I'm happy to say that I have been able to take time to create regularly.  I set many goals for myself this year and on the top of the list is creative me time!  

As I meditated on my goals and what I wanted to achieve this year, especially regarding my art, I started to feel a little overwhelmed.  My inner critic trying to add doubt on my ability to take out the time to create, or whether or not what I produce will even be as good as I envision it. 
Of course, I had to shake that off and not let that doubt fester but what it did do is lead me to my word.  So my word for 2014 is Trust!

Trust, Trust in me, in my talent, Trust in my Family, Trust in the Lord (especially the Lord), believing that the gift He has placed in my hands is for a purpose, which means I have a purpose and that keeps me encouraged!
 
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding;
                                                                                                                      ~Proverbs 3:5


      ~ acrylics, B&W paint pens and charcoal pencil on an altered book

This journal entry is what I submitted for Mixed Media Mondays with Tracy Weinzapfel: January Creative Dare

Thank you for stopping by!

Blessings,
Carmen









2 comments:

Iris said...

Love this page! The colours really speak to me. And your word is a great choice.

Kristin Dudish said...

Wow - the colors in this are terrific (and I love the texture too)!