Sunday, June 23, 2013

Mixed Media Monday Creative Dare - May

Before you say anything, yes I know it is June, but in my first post I did mention I would share my May Creative Dare from Tracy Weinzaphel, A letter to My younger self.   I originally thought I would blog once a week or every two weeks, but time just flies by and June has been very busy.

So here it is... excerpts from my letter to my 20yr old self ...

My Dearest Me,

I’m writing to you to let you know that you are strong, beautiful and loved; and God has been good to you!

             ....As you sit there in your bedroom alone, having a pity party, singing “why me” song and, reciting “The should of, could of, would ofs” I want you to know you will get out of that depressive hole.  It will take time, and some moment will feel like you are in the deepest deep, but for the most part you will get a grip and trust in the Lord. 

You will do things that will make you proud of yourself and many things that you will regret.  You will be able to let go of most traumas, but you are still dealing with some.  You will get a little bolder and  a little more out spoken.  You are still not where you would like to be but you are getting better at vocalizing your opinions and stepping out of your comfort zone. 
You are strong, beautiful and loved; and God has been good to you!
...You will graduate college, by the skin of your teeth, but you will graduate.  You will find (w/o even looking) someone who loves you for you.  He will be the biggest pain in the butt, but you will love him with your core because he is also your biggest supporter and your best friend.  Together you will buy a home, and have two cars and make lots of babies.  Yes, your dream of motherhood will come true.  You will have three beautiful, smart and crazy boys… btw all natural births, by choice, what were you thinking. 
         
You will have an even closer relationship with your family. They will be by your side helping you and guiding you.  ... You will laugh with them, cry with them, fight with them and laugh some more.  You will have many friends to cross your path, but your family will be your true friends. 
You are strong, beautiful and loved; and God has been good to you!
And yes, you will find the strength, passion and drive to LIVE, DREAM, BE BOLD and CREATE!!
Loved and Blessed,
 Me

2 comments:

Priscila said...

I love the letter to yourself!

Unknown said...

I love this Carmen <3